The 2016 Mazda CX-5 is Better than the Competition
May 27 2016,
When the 2016 Mazda CX-5 was first introduced back in 2014, it immediately became quite popular thanks to a combination of sporty driving dynamics, a stylish design and impressive fuel economy. The CX-5’s unique driving personality comes from SKYACTIV technology which reduces the weight of major mechanical components while at the same time improving their efficiency.
More Fun Behind the Wheel
On the road, this means that the engine, exhaust, transmissions and body function optimally and together in order to get as much power out of each drop of fuel. More affordable and better equipped than the competition, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 certainly has a lot to offer.
Here’s how the 2016 Mazda CX-5 sets itself apart from the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4.
- Thanks to SKYACTIV technology, the Mazda CX-5 offers improved fuel economy that doesn’t come at the expense of performance. The 2016 CX-5 is widely considered the most fun to drive compact sport utility in its class.
- Although it has proven to be one of the most agile and dynamic vehicles in its segment, the CX-5, as stated previously, also happens to be one of the most fuel efficient. On the highway, its fuel consumption numbers are as low as 7.1 liters per 100 kilometers with FWD and 7.9 liters per 100 kilometers with AWD. The RAV4 has an average fuel economy rating of 7.5 liters per 100 kilometers with FWD while AWD variants have an average rating of 8.2 liters per 100 kilometers.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 is more affordable than the Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4. Indeed, Mazda’s compact SUV starts at $22,995 before taxes and freight fees while the CR-V starts at $26,290. The RAV4 is offered starting at $25,240.
- Even with its more affordable starting price, the 2016 Mazda CX-5 offers more standard features including a 7-inch infotainment screen and push-button start.
- The 2016 Mazda CX-5 offers more towing capacity than both the Honda and Toyota. The latter offer 680 kilos while the Mazda can tow up to 907 kilos even with the base engine.
- Mazda is the only automaker to offer an unlimited mileage warranty, letting you drive as far as you want without ever having to worry.
For more information about the 2016 Mazda CX-5, contact Morrey Mazda today! Don't forget to book a test drive!